ENHANCING YOUR RIDING EXPERIENCE
The NCRTD “Blue Bus” is committed to providing a safe and comfortable experience. We kindly ask that for your benefit and that of your fellow passengers you respect the guidelines and rules outlined below so you can continue to enjoy the service.
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY:
- Vehicles are equipped with video and audio surveillance
- Please remain seated while the vehicle is in motion
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian
- We can carry only 2 bikes—bike racks are “first come, first served”
OUT OF COURTESY FOR EACH OTHER:
- Please avoid playing music that can be heard by others
- Please avoid talking loudly on your cell phone
- Appropriate clothing must be worn (shirt, pants/bottoms and shoes)
- We love little furry friends, however only service/guide animals necessary for travel by passengers with disabilities are allowed on the bus
WE TAKE PRIDE IN KEEPING OUR BUSES CLEAN FOR YOU! TO HELP US:
- Food in a sealed container is okay, but eating is not permitted on the bus
- Only non-alcoholic beverages in a sealed hard container can be consumed
- Please don’t put your feet on your seat or back of the seat in front of you
- Please use trash receptacles on the bus and at the bus stops
DRIVERS HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO REFUSE SERVICE WHEN THEY SEE:
- Smoking on the bus
- Open alcoholic beverages
- Illegal drugs
- Offensive or threatening language
- Belligerent behavior
- While the NCRTD is not responsible for lost or stolen items, we encourage you to notify the RTD at 866-206-0754 to see if it’s been recovered
- Lost and found items are only kept for 30 days
The North Central Regional Transit District (NCRTD) provides free bus service Monday through Friday to a service area that encompasses over 10,000 square miles of north central New Mexico including the counties of Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Santa Fe and Taos; the Cities of Santa Fe and Española and the Towns of Taos and Edgewood; as well as the Pueblos of Pojoaque, Ohkay Owingeh, Nambé, San Ildefonso, Santa Clara and Tesuque. The RTD “Blue Buses” provide additional transit connections to New Mexico Rail Runner, Santa Fe Trails, NMDOT Park & Ride, Los Alamos Atomic City Transit, Taos Chile Line and Red River Miner’s Transit. All of its buses are equipped with bike racks and are ADA accessible. For more information on ADA services, read below and please visit RideTheBlueBus.com or call 1 866 206 0754. The District’s Taos Express provides weekend premium fare service between Taos, Española and Santa Fe.
Serving Persons with Disabilities
All vehicles are wheelchair accessible. For qualifying persons with disabilities NCRTD also provides an ADA paratransit service within the City of Española. For all other routes, the fixed route bus will “flex” up to ¾ of a mile on paved and/or graveled roads for qualifying persons with disabilities. These are “origin to destination” transportation services for persons with disabilities who cannot use the fixed bus service.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this service will need to complete an application, have the information verified by a medical professional, and be certified by the NCRTD as ADA paratransit eligible. There is no cost for this service. For more information please call (866) 206 0754 or visit our website at RidetheBlueBus.com
The bus operator will assist an individual to get on or off the bus, but will not load or unload the individual’s personal belongings or carry-on items. If an individual needs assistance beyond this, he/she must be accompanied by a personal care attendant. Required personal care attendants ride free with the person they are assisting.
The North Central Regional Transit District (NCRTD) is committed to compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 49 CFR, part 2, and all related regulations and directives. NCRTD assures that no person shall on the grounds of religion, race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, income status or English proficiency be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity under any NCRTD program, activity or service.
The NCRTD will not discriminate on the basis of race, color or national origin in the delivery of service. To obtain more information on our nondiscrimination obligations or to file a Title VI complaint, contact us at: NCRTD, Executive Director, 1327 N Riverside Dr., Española, NM 87532.
El NCRTD no discrimina sobre la base de raza, color u origen nacional en la prestación del servicio. Para obtener más información acerca de nuestras obligaciones de no discriminación o para presentar una queja del Título VI, póngase en contacto con nosotros en: NCRTD, Director Ejecutivo, 1327 N Riverside Dr., Española, NM 87532